Existing accommodation establishment not located within a TEZ. It is to be noted that this existing accommodation shall undertake asubstantial expansion or upgrade of its facilities and that the cost of expansion or upgrade of its physical assets amounts to at least 50% of the original investment.
“Tourism Enterprises” shall refer to facilities, services and attractions primarily engaged in whole or in part in tourism and for the purpose of attracting visitors to and within the Philippines such as, but not limited to, facilities, services and attractions involved in tourism; travel and tour services, tourist transport services, whether for land, sea or air transportation; tour guides; adventure sports services involving such sports as mountaineering, spelunking, scuba diving and other sports activities of significant tourism potential; convention organizers; accommodation establishments, including but not limited to, hotels, resorts, apartment hotels or apartelles, condotels (that cater to tourists), tourist inns, motels, pension houses, and home stay operators; tourism estate management services, restaurants, shops, and department stores, sports and recreational centers, spas, facilities offering health and wellness services, museums and galleries, theme parks, convention centers, zoos, and such other enterprises as may be identified by the Department or the Board.
Who may quality to apply for registration as a Tourism Enterprise Outside the Zone?
Only an existing accommodation establishment not located within a TEZ that shall undertake asubstantial expansion or upgrade of its facilities shall be entitled to register and claim incentives under TIEZA. The cost of expansion or upgrade of its physical assets should be at least 50% of the original investment.
Documentary requirements for registration
(Please download the application form in the Downloads button)
Submit the following documents upon application (in 6 sets of hard and soft copies)
- Duly accomplished Application Form;
- Securities and Exchange Commission’s Registration Certificate/Business Permit;
- Company Profile, containing basic data/ information on their technical, financial, marketing and management capability/ competence to undertake the proposed project or business within the tourism enterprise zone;
- Copies of articles of incorporation and by-laws;
- Resolution of the applicant’s board of directors authorizing the filing of the application; list of its directors, principal officers, and major stockholders, including their respective bio-data;
- List of machinery and equipment to be used by the applicant with a statement of their capacity, ownership and/ or mode of procurement;
- Proposed site development plan and location map accompanied by a perspective drawing; construction timetable/ financial schedule; detailed architectural and engineering plan; cost estimates and specifications;
- Clearance/ Permit from the concerned Protected Area Management Board if the proposed business area is within a Protected Area; and
- Other supporting documents/ papers/ clearances as may be required by the TIEZA depending upon the nature of the business and the type of business organization of the applicant.
|Registration of Tourism Enterprise|
|Filling Fee||RTE (New)||0.1% of the Capital Investment but not to exceed PHP 200,000|
|RTE (Existing)||0.1% of the Capital Investment but not to exceed PHP 100,000|
|Publication Fee||PHP 10,000|
|Registration Fee||RTE (New)||PHP 10,000|
|RTE (Existing for substantial Expansion)||PHP 10,000|
The non-refundable application fee for registration of a Tourism Enterprise within the zone are as follows:
The non-refundable application fee for registration of a Tourism Enterprise outside the zone is 0.1% of the Capital Investment but not to exceed Php 100,000.