TOURISM INFRASTRUCTURE AND ENTERPRISE ZONE AUTHORITY (TIEZA) values personal data information privacy.
TIEZA assures that all the personal data information collected in accessing the website are protected and secured in accordance with the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (DPA), its implementing rules and related issuances.
In TIEZA’s commitment to protect your personal data information, TIEZA will process and will use personal data information only for purposes the informant was advised of and have given consent to.
The following are personal data information processed:
- Full name
- Residential Address
- Office Address, if applicable
- Phone number
- Email Address
- Any other similar contact data
- Passport Number
- Government Issued Identification Numbers, if necessary
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Marital Status
- Date of Marriage, if applicable
- Name of Spouse
- Occupation of Spouse
- Date of Birth of Spouse
- Place of Birth of Spouse
- Name of Child/ Children, if applicable
- Date of Birth of Child/Children
- Place of Birth of Child/Children
- Any other security information used for authentication and account access
- Credit Card number and security codes associated with your payment
PURPOSE AND USE OF THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
TIEZA will use the information collected for registration, payment of Travel Tax, booking accommodations in TIEZA hotels, resorts and golf courses, signing up for the newsletter, responding to survey or marketing communications, surfing the website, or use on certain site features, as follows:
- To provide personalized experience and to allow TIEZA to deliver the type of content and product offerings.
- To improve the TIEZA website to deliver better service.
- To allow TIEZA to provide better service in responding to customer service requests.
- To quickly process transactions.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products.
- To make follow up after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries).
- To process applications for online and onsite payment of Travel Tax.
- To process refunds of online and onsite payment of Travel Tax.
- To process request for Travel Tax Exemption.
The personal data information collected and processed by the website cookies may be accessed by and shared with other government agencies, private companies and other individuals in connection with the use and purpose mentioned through a Data Sharing Agreement.
The electronic and/or physical personal data information collected can only be accessed by an authorized TIEZA personnel and by the authorized employees of government agencies and private entities and individuals that TIEZA have Data Sharing Agreement with.
The electronic personal data information will be stored in a database for two (2) years. Manual or physical records of the personal data information, if available, will then be disposed of through shredding while electronic records will be permanently deleted and made unrecoverable.
RIGHTS AS PERSONAL DATA INFORMANT
- No personal data information shall be collected unless consent is asked and agreement to the collection and processing thereof.
- Objection to the processing and collecting of personal data information.
- Reasonable access to the personal data information collected is also granted.
- Request for copies of personal data information provided can be made.
- Correction or rectification personal data information.
- Blocking or removal of personal data information if it needs to be deleted.
AMENDMENTS TO THE POLICY
To download a PDF file please click here.